Mr. SUN showed up!!!!!!.. :-D .... (and this post applies to whenever he decides to show up... especially if my Sunday is graced with his arrival!!!)
My face lights up as if I'm in LOVE!!!..lol. You know what I mean... you see that someone special through the crowd, and suddenly everything around them gets all blurry, and all you see in full focus is that one person, in their full aura, you find yourself blushing all pink & red, and a big bright smile beams across your face... :-D... (.. and for the more dramatic ones...., your eyelashes blink rapidly like Daisy!!.... lol..)
So my bright, sunny, day starts with a nice hot cup of delicious cappuccino, a dash of cinnamon dust (when in the mood, especially on weekends), ....mmmmmmmmm.... and holding the piping hot cup with both my hands I take my first sip....... mmmmmmm....yumm!!! I can feel the caffine work its charm down my throat and finally hit my belly.... even my internal organs go... "Delish Acchu!!"
So, as I'm sipping on my steamy hot, deliciously frothy, cappuccino... I decide to make myself some delish organic Belgium pancakes....... with fruits on top!!!
So, as I'm sipping on my steamy hot, deliciously frothy, cappuccino... I decide to make myself some delish organic Belgium pancakes....... with fruits on top!!!
I have a thing for pancakes. I don't quite remember when this love affair started. I say love affair, cause I think it very necessary to make love to your food, while you cook it and also while you eat it. You need to chew each morsel with attention and delicate care, cause I believe, that they are telling you a story, as they make their way down your throat, to your belly. You might find me repeat this over and over again, but hey, that's who I am....
Wanna try it my way? - Serves 1
You will need 6 tbsp of organic pancake mix (the kind to which you can add just water, this way it is less points). Now add 2/3 cup water and 1/3 cup orange juice to the mix for tang. Mix all of the above in a small mixing bowl and let stand for about 20 mins. The pancakes will fluff better.
When ready, heat a small non-stick pan, about 6" to 7" in dia. Spray PAM oil to the heated pan and pour 1/3 of the mixture on the pan. Wait for it to half cook. Spray 1 pump of oil spray to the top side, let cook till bottom side is nice and golden brown, Now flip the pancake. Let cook fully. Repeat so you get 3 nice n fluffy golden brown pancakes. Top with your choice of syrup and fruits....ooooo and don't forget the butter.. real creamy delish butter... not the substitute, please. You have got just one life, so LOVE IT and LIVE IT! Just eat in moderation that's it.
Serve with coffee, cappuccino and / or orange juice.
For the cappuccino, you will need - Organic Milk, preferably 2%, but if you drink too much coffee you may want to use organic skim milk or organic 1%. [Yeah! I do only organic and natural as far as possible... call me whatever you like, but I love myself and my health too much... and organic tastes better anyway], Coffee, Sugar, a milk frother (aerolatte; $20.00 @ Target or BB&B), and finally Cinnamon Dust (fresh if possible)
OK, now do the following;
Make one cup coffee (your choice) in your coffee maker. I prefer Folgers, 100% Colombian, Classic Roast, Medium Strong. You could also use the decaf version. I also experiment with gourmet coffee beans but some of them are too strong for me. [I suffer from GERD ...:-(, so can't have too much coffee...]. So as the coffee is percolating in the pot, take your favorite coffee mug, add two tsp of brown or raw sugar. I am a big fan of Sugar in the Raw. Add milk as desired, and heat in the microwave on high heat for about 25 secs. Now use the frother to froth the hot milk till you can see nice......, creamy........, soft......., snowy white froth....... mmmmmmmm just taste it... it is yum and sweet right?... delish!!
Now add the coffee slowly in a circular motion along the rim of the mug, so you can see the snowy white froth rise in the cup. As you approach the rim, pour gently so the center of the beverage is now light brown and the rest is all white. Dust fershly powdered cinnamon dust. Sip it.......aahhhh!
ENJOY and make sure you Relish!! cause it's Delish!!
Serve with coffee, cappuccino and / or orange juice.
For the cappuccino, you will need - Organic Milk, preferably 2%, but if you drink too much coffee you may want to use organic skim milk or organic 1%. [Yeah! I do only organic and natural as far as possible... call me whatever you like, but I love myself and my health too much... and organic tastes better anyway], Coffee, Sugar, a milk frother (aerolatte; $20.00 @ Target or BB&B), and finally Cinnamon Dust (fresh if possible)
Make one cup coffee (your choice) in your coffee maker. I prefer Folgers, 100% Colombian, Classic Roast, Medium Strong. You could also use the decaf version. I also experiment with gourmet coffee beans but some of them are too strong for me. [I suffer from GERD ...:-(, so can't have too much coffee...]. So as the coffee is percolating in the pot, take your favorite coffee mug, add two tsp of brown or raw sugar. I am a big fan of Sugar in the Raw. Add milk as desired, and heat in the microwave on high heat for about 25 secs. Now use the frother to froth the hot milk till you can see nice......, creamy........, soft......., snowy white froth....... mmmmmmmm just taste it... it is yum and sweet right?... delish!!
Now add the coffee slowly in a circular motion along the rim of the mug, so you can see the snowy white froth rise in the cup. As you approach the rim, pour gently so the center of the beverage is now light brown and the rest is all white. Dust fershly powdered cinnamon dust. Sip it.......aahhhh!
ENJOY and make sure you Relish!! cause it's Delish!!
:o)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.